April 12, 2017, at 1:30 p.m.
at Taylor Community Library, 12303 Pardee Road, Taylor, MI 48180.
Call to Order at 1:35 p.m. Attended: L. Coles, V. Verdun-Morris, S. Nelsen. Excused: S. Steiger. Guests: B. Hall, S. Roe, H. Bandyke, M.E. Zell, L. Nowakowski. G. Ray, H. Rosebrugh, M. Rosebrugh.
Approval of agenda. Motion by S. Nelsen. Second by L.Coles. Approved.
Approval of minutes. Motion by L. Coles. Second by S. Nelsen. Approved.
Income and Expense Report.
Receive and file financial transactions. Motion by S. Nelsen. Second by L. Coles. Approved.
- October – March 2017.
Receive and file financial forms. Motion by L. Coles. Second by S. Nelsen. Approved.
- Form 941 Oct-Dec 2016.
- Form 941 Jan-Mar 2017.
- Charitable solicitation renewal.
Motion to change name of organization from Library Access Foundation to Library Access Friends. Motion by S. Nelsen. Second by L. Coles. Approved.
Motion to update Bylaws by removing all sections and replacing with wording below. Motion by S. Nelsen. Second by L. Coles. Approved.
1. Any person is eligible for Membership in Library Access Friends if he or she is at least 18 years of age. A person who is eligible for Membership and who wishes to become a Member must submit a completed declaration of membership form annually, containing basic contact information and member signature. No membership dues are required.
2. Each Member shall be a Member commencing on the date such person meets the requirements set forth in Section 1 above. Members shall be entitled to vote on all matters which Members are entitled to vote upon in Michigan non-profit Corporations organized on a Membership basis. Each Member shall be entitled to cast one (1) vote at Membership meetings. Membership in organization will continue until Member resigns or fails to fill out annual membership form.
3. Meetings will be held twice annually, in April and October, with additional meetings called by the President or any three members.
4. Officers include President, Treasurer, and Secretary. Officer positions may be held simultaneously by one member and may be re-elected annually. Members employed at public libraries are ineligible for officer positions. Election will occur annually at the April meeting by a vote of the membership. If an officer is absent during a meeting, another officer will perform the duties of the absent officer. If no officers are present, one of the members calling the meeting will act as the absent officer for that meeting only.
- President: Conduct meeting. Prepare agenda.
- Treasurer: Maintain bank account. Report on balance at meeting. Submit reports and forms for state and federal government authorities.
- Secretary: Prepare meeting minutes and ensure posting to website.
5. Bylaws will be reviewed at least once every five years.
6. Quorum shall consist of Members present at a meeting.
Election of Officers. Unanimous votes for B. Hall as President, L. Nowakowski as Treasurer, and L. Coles as secretary.
Open business. Discussion on purchases to benefit libraries.
Adjournment at 1:45 p.m.
Next meeting: October 11, 2017 at 1:30 p.m.
Respectfully submitted, Vanessa Verdun-Morris.