1. Any person is eligible for Membership in Library Access Friends if he or she is at least 18 years of age. A person who is eligible for Membership and who wishes to become a Member must submit a completed declaration of membership form annually, containing basic contact information and member signature. No membership dues are required.
2. Each Member shall be a Member commencing on the date such person meets the requirements set forth in Section 1 above. Members shall be entitled to vote on all matters which Members are entitled to vote upon in Michigan non-profit Corporations organized on a Membership basis. Each Member shall be entitled to cast one (1) vote at Membership meetings. Membership in organization will continue until Member resigns or fails to fill out annual membership form.
3. Meetings will be held twice annually, in April and October, with additional meetings called by the President or any three members.
4. Officers include President, Treasurer, and Secretary. Officer positions may be held simultaneously by one member and may be re-elected annually. Members employed at public libraries are ineligible for officer positions. Election will occur annually at the April meeting by a vote of the membership. If an officer is absent during a meeting, another officer will perform the duties of the absent officer. If no officers are present, one of the members calling the meeting will act as the absent officer for that meeting only.
- President: Conduct meeting. Prepare agenda.
- Treasurer: Maintain bank account. Report on balance at meeting. Submit reports and forms for state and federal government authorities.
- Secretary: Prepare meeting minutes and ensure posting to website.
5. Bylaws will be reviewed at least once every five years.
6. Quorum shall consist of Members present at a meeting.