1. Any person attending a meeting is considered a member. No membership dues are required. Taylor Community Library employees are considered ex-officio (non-voting) members.
2. Each Member shall become a Member commencing on the date of the first meeting attended. Members shall be entitled to vote on all matters which Members are entitled to vote upon in Michigan non-profit Corporations organized on a Membership basis. Each Member shall be entitled to cast one (1) vote at Membership meetings that they attend. Membership in organization is for life unless member resigns.
3. Meetings will be held at least twice annually with additional meetings called by the President or any three members.
4. Officers include President, Treasurer, and Secretary. Officer positions may be held simultaneously by one member and may be re-elected annually. Members employed at public libraries are ineligible for officer positions, with the exception of ex-officio offices. Election will occur annually at the first meeting of the year by a vote of the membership. If an officer is absent during a meeting, another officer will perform the duties of the absent officer. If no officers are present, one of the members calling the meeting will act as the absent officer for that meeting only.
• President: Conduct meeting. Prepare agenda.
• Treasurer: Work with fiscal agent to maintain bank account, report on balance at meeting, submit reports and forms for state and federal government authorities.
• Secretary: Prepare meeting minutes and ensure posting to website.
• Fiscal agent (ex-officio): Assists treasurer with duties.
5. Bylaws will be reviewed at least once every five years.
6. Quorum shall consist of Members present at a meeting.